R2 is looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Position: Senior Account Executive – Western Europe and Asia Pacific
- Location: TBD in Western Europe
- Department: Sales & Marketing
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Compensation: According to company policies and experience of the candidate
R2 is the world leading provider of Intelligent Safety System and Optimization Solutions for the Chlor-Alkali, Chlorate and Green Hydrogen producers. Since its inception, R2 has devoted its information technology know-how and electrochemical expertise to develop, produce and deliver solutions to its customers using the latest discoveries and developments in Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning. R2’s technology is installed in 26 countries worldwide among the largest chemicals and petrochemicals producers. In 2020, R2 was acquired by Asahi Kasei Corporation, a Japanese company which employs over 46 000 people around the world.
R2 is growing and looking for a sales professional for the territories of Western Europe and Asia Pacific (outside of China).
You are recognized for your high level of energy, your dynamism, your ability to make technical and financial presentations and your mastery of long and complex sales cycle associated to capital budgets of large companies. You can recognize opportunities and turn leads into long-lasting partnerships. You will communicate directly with clients and prospects, understand their individual needs, and recommend products and/or services that maximize value. The incumbent may also assist in developing sales strategies and establishing quotas. You should be an adaptable, knowledgeable multi-tasker with strong computer and communication skills.
You are used to close individual deals over $ 250k US of capital equipment and annual software licenses of over $50k which ensure recurring revenues for the Company. You have a history of sales targets of $2 million US or more annually, reached and exceeded.
You like to travel abroad and have the ease to develop lasting relationships with various stakeholders in the sales cycle. This position includes several trips a year across Europe and Asia Pacific.
The ideal candidate will be organized, passionate about client relations, and focused on enhancing the buyer experience.
- Managing existing customer accounts by ensuring that existing customers remain satisfied with company products and services.
- Making cold calls or reaching out to prospects.
- Following up with prospects several times throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met.
- Presenting and demonstrating the value of products and services to prospective buyers.
- Developing long-lasting relationships with new customers.
- Developing and implementing effective account plans to retain existing customers.
- Identifying customer needs and communicating how company products and services fulfill those needs.
- Developing solid sales proposals to convince potential and existing customers to purchase company products and services.
- Compiling and analyzing data to find trends.
- Staying current on company offerings and industry trends.
- Building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external contacts and internal departments to create a better customer experience.
- Handling complaints and negotiations.
- Collecting customer feedback to determine product and service shortfalls.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering / electronics, computer, chemical, marketing, business or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 8 years experience in sale of technical equipment and / or software and business development with major industrial companies. Experience of Chlor-alkali industry, Hydrogen or other related industries a definite asset.
- The drive and energy to manage multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (a must).
- Excellent listening skills, analysis, and organization.
- Available to travel abroad several times during the year.
- Fluent with software (Windows, Office, Webex, search engines etc.).
- Excellent abilities in working with CRM.
Base salary + Commissions (uncapped)